Happy Friday! Who else is super excited for the Olympics to start today?! I can't wait... but first I have to get through what's going to be a long, busy day at work. Until then, here are five things I thought were worth sharing on the internet:
1. I made this pasta salad for dinner last night and it was SO easy and good! I did tweak the recipe to a be a little healthier by substituting turkey bacon for the normal kind, and adding a little less avacado. We'll be eating this again at our house!
2. Ever since I saw this image on Pinterest, I've been inspired to layer some of my shorter necklaces. However, I need to make a quick trip to Forever 21 for a couple of cheapies to round out the collection.
3. My husband has decided that he is going to put his mad carpentry skills to good use and build us an end table, since we can't find one we like that offers enough storage for our bonanza of remotes, iPad, and wireless keyboard (yeah, that's how we roll at our house). I've been tasked with gathering inspiration, and so far I'm loving this vintage piece and think we may copy it in ash wood, with a little less height.
4. My birthday is coming up two weeks from Sunday, and I've decided that I really want this watch above all other presents. I hope N sees this.
5. This week I discovered a really interesting website called The Burning House, which is a photography project where people gather what they'd grab if their home were burning and submit a photo. It's really fascinating to see how people from all over the world approach the question, and there has recently been a book published, which is also on my birthday list. I think it would be a good coffee table option, don't you?
And with that, I bid you good weekend! GO USA!!