Before I go, here are five things I deemed worth sharing on the internet:
1. I have become OBSESSED with the idea of painting our bedroom a smoky navy/cobalt color. It would be so cool, right?! Like this, but a little less teal-ey:
Maybe this shade:
2. I also cannot get these watercolor paintings by Black Crow Studio out of my head, and my husband agreed that they are awesome. Now I just need to convince him that we need one in the living room. (They're actually not that expensive for such large canvases)
3. I finally used my birthday money, Visa points, and a little more money to get my favorite Kate Spade Gramercy watch and I LOVE it! I feel so fancy wearing it at work.
4. On Monday I went to Express to get my sister some pants and felt oh so very old. There were gold sequined hot pants and loud pulsing music, and I wanted to leave. However, as I stood in line I saw a lovely shade of green out of the corner of my eye and decided to try on this blouse in hopes that the line would go down by the time I returned. To my surprise, it was super cute and flattering! (It looks better on me because I am not a scarecrow. No offense, models.) Moral of the story - sometimes there are adult clothes among the club wear.
5. Over the long weekend I spent time with my mom, and had time to read a really great book of short stories. I highly recommend Tunneling to the Center of the Earthby Kevin Wilson. The stories are a little odd, but I kept thinking about them all week and can't believe one person is so creative. If you're not a big reader, you may like this because you can read a 25 page story and then walk away from the book for a while.
And with that, I bid you good weekend!