Happy Friday! I've been excitedly waiting for today since my husband has been on a business trip since last Thursday and it's been pretty lonely around here. I can't wait to go out for good meals and have someone (who is not a dog) listen to me as I browse the internet making comments about what is interesting on Vulture.com and Pinterest.
In the meantime, here are five things I deemed worth sharing on the internet:
1. This week I discovered a new show that I'm so in love with. Has anyone else watched All on the Line with Joe Zee? The premise is that Joe, the Creative Director of Elle Magazine, visits fashion designers who are struggling to sell their line and offers Tim Gunn-esque guidance while tapping his industry connections to get them in front of retail buyers who have the option to pick up a capsule collection that is designed for the show. Because it's Sundance Channel, there is a lot of stuff that wouldn't fly on a major network (no bleeping of words, so be aware if that bothers you), and some of the struggling designers are actually names you've heard. He helped Project Runway alum Kara Janx get her line into Neiman Marcus, and as she said, "it was a big f***ing deal." The new season premieres Monday night at 9:00/8:00 Central.
2. This fall, our big house renovation project will be redoing our disco fabulous guest bathroom. We're going to replace everything, and I'm excited to pick out new finishes that will work with the rest of our house (because a gold and white swirly countertop does not). One thing I just discovered is marble subway tile and I really want to put it on the walls around our tub! It runs about $5.50/sq foot, which is not cheap but definitely doable in a small space.
However, I want opinions on something. Should two bathrooms in the same (one-story) house have similar finishes? The flooring will be different, for sure (wood grain plank tiles), but I'd like to use a different countertop material and marble tile instead of greige. You can see the master bathroom here, and an idea of what I want for the guest bath below.
3. I love that Nina Garcia is doing a jewelry line with BaubleBar, and I especially love that you can get pieces like this art deco necklace for under $40. I want it! Wouldn't this be amazing with a simple black crewneck sweater and pants?
4. I'm not sure why, but it seems like maxi dresses go away when the weather starts to turn cool. However, I'm loving how Tamara of Glam and Glitter has brought her dress into fall by adding a cardigan and scarf.
5. I love everything about this hair and makeup look. If N and I attend a Halloween party this year, I'm doing something 60s inspired.
If not, I'm just going to do this with cheap eyeliner and scare the kids at the door:
And with that, I bid you good weekend!