Until those are ready, here are five things I deemed worth sharing on the internet:
1. Ever since Alex over at Things That Sparkle blogged about the amazing Commando tights that don't dig into your stomach, I've been curious since I HATE tights and pantyhose. However, at $30 per pair I didn't plan to partake since I can (and do) put a runner in tights after one wearing. Luckily, I found about 100 pairs of them for $11 each at Nordstrom Rack and decided to give them a try. They are awesome, ladies! I got the thick black ribbed version and will be wearing the heck out of them in the months to come!
2. I've been tasked with updating my wish list, and one of the main items I'm hoping to get (besides my 2013 list of books) is a great black leather clutch. Somehow I don't have one, and I'm looking for a really classic style that I can carry for years. I was excited to find the J.Crew Factory Vero clutch - it's real leather, and super functional, and under $100! (Are you paying attention, husband?)
3. I know everyone and her cousin has pinned this image from Refinery 29, but I love it too. However, as a brunette, regular bobby pins won't have much impact no matter what shape I lay them in. That's why I'm excited to experiment with some metallic bobby pins like these from Ulta. I think the gold pins with dark hair will be gorgeous and festive, but not time consuming.
4. I'm one of those people who always gets cold, so we have lots of blankets in our house. The faux fur trend has not escaped my attention, and I wanted a look like the one below in my bedroom, but I was not willing to spend $100 on a throw. However, it turns out that HomeGoods is a treasure trove of faux fur blankets like the one below and all were either $29 or $39. My blanket is made by Tahari Home and it feels like heaven.
5. Thanks to a Gilt coupon code, I got $105 worth of credit from Gorjana.com for $35. And it is burning a hole in my virtual pocket! I'm trying to save it for a few Christmas gifts, but while I was just browsing earlier I discovered that the line has expanded from jewelry to include bags, sandals, belts, lots of leather pouches, and some gorgeous scarves. This ikat version is calling to me... or my friend.