Until then, here are five things worth sharing on the internet:
1. I am in love with this studio that Emily Henderson designed for Joy Cho (of Oh Joy!). I love that the space itself is light and airy, and all the personality and color is achieved through the styling.
2. Don't you hate it shopping when you know exactly what you want and nothing meets the perfection in your head? That's me and the elusive long, low bookcase that I need for my living room. I was thrilled to see this baby on Pinterest (via Fab.com a long time ago) but I need it to be about 7 feet long and for sale. I'm toying with the idea of contacting carpenters in hopes of having something similar made with mid-century legs that I provide. Does anyone have any idea what this will run in the Dallas area?
3. If you buy anything new this fall, my vote is a shrunken black blazer. Wearing it with jeans and a tee shirt makes an otherwise casual look totally fashionable and not at all outlandish.
I'm too old and uncool to even know who this is, so I
can't properly credit the photo. Any ideas?
4. I've been out of the country or stressed out for the past month, so I know this is old news, but can I just say that Miley Cyrus makes me so sad? It just seems like she's so desperate for attention that she will do anything to make headlines. Even riding naked on a wrecking ball. Wtf, mate?
Being 20 is hard, and it's probably even worse when you've been placed on a pedestal since you were 13 and making mistakes on camera. I hope she finds her way and doesn't end up like Amanda Bynes.
remember this girl?
5. While on vacation, I discovered yet another brand of dry shampoo that has become my favorite. It's a little pricier than the Dove version I've been using, but worth every penny. If you haven't already, get yourself to Ulta (or your drugstore of choice, but it costs more at Walgreens) and try some Batiste dry shampoo. It makes my 2nd day dirty hair look like I just washed it, which is no easy feat considering that I have literally twice as much as the average person!
I haven't tried the tinted versions, but I hear they also help blend roots that are growing out.
And with that, I bid you good weekend!