Before I bust out the mop and vacuum, here are five things worth sharing on the internet:
1. I cannot wait to see About Time, which is supposedly made in the vein of Love Actually (my personal holiday tradition). I was thrilled to see that it's playing in Dallas this weekend, and that I can watch Rachel McAdams fall in love with a British guy a week before people in smaller cities. And I'll probably indulge Baby D's demands for some popcorn and a root beer.
2. I have always loved the Coronata Star wallpaper pattern by Osborne & Little, since it's classic but still a bit modern. Unfortunately, a roll runs about $150, making it out of my price range. Luckily (for me, not them), there are copycats aplenty and I was delighted to discover that we can buy vinyl decals designed to mimic the pattern for $15 (per batch of 28) on Etsy. I'm currently trying to convince N that they are awesome and not weird.
3. I find this to be wonderful advice, and it applies to both careers and the crazy world of blogging.
4. I love pumpkin desserts (but not the lattes, surprisingly) and really want to try my hand at these baked pumpkin donut holes (technically muffins) via Seeded at the Table. They don't call for any crazy ingredients, and will be quick to make in a mini muffin pan.
5. I am in love with these boots, but thanks to my Corso Como purchase in 2008 I do not need any. Damn them and their quality products! If you're in the market, you can get them from Anthropologie or Piperlime.
(Pro Tip: Wholesalers often sell to various retailers, and if you use a Google reverse image search you can sometimes find the same item for sale at multiple places, but under different names. I found the rug I bought for $150 on Amazon on sale for over $300 at Lulu & Georgia, so shop around before you invest!)
Have a nice weekend, ladies!