Before I freeze, here are five things worth sharing on the internet:
1. I love love love the design that Emily Henderson installed for Joanna Goddard's family apartment. It's the perfect mix of midcentury and electic, and I would happily copy it in my house.
2. I really want a spiky turquoise necklace for Christmas, and the ones I want keep selling out on Etsy. That means I'm not sharing the one I actually want, but this baby is a close second:
3. This week N and I went shopping for the "angels" we adopted for Christmas, and the preschool-aged girl I chose asked for a doll house. Since she also needs a coat and some other things, I was forced to get a more affordable Barbie "glam vacation" doll house and some Barbies to go inside of it. Can I just say that I became even more excited to be having a boy after having spent 15 minutes trying to find the right combination or doll and outfit that looked the least like a prostitute?! I ended up buying two dolls in bikinis, with some dresses that did not look like they belonged at the Bunny Ranch. What the heck, Mattel?
4. I'm currently reading Major Pettigrew's Last Stand and it's such a good story so far. I can't believe it's not already a movie starring Bill Nighy.
5. If ever there were a wrapping paper that I would frame in a triptych of panels, it's probably this one by Rifle Paper Co. You can get three sheets for $8.50, which isn't bad if they're destined for a life as decoration rather than garbage.
Have a nice weekend, ladies! Stay warm!