Until we get the party started, here are five things worth sharing on the internet:
1. Have we talked about how much I love Nate Berkus. His line at Target is consistently amazing, and the preview of the spring collection did not disappoint (although some of the pieces are already out at my local store). I love how it mixes easily with vintage pieces, since I have a bit of a mid-century furniture obsession. Imagine a showstopper tray like this on a console table, for $35:
2. Even though I'll be gaining about a pound per week until March, I'm trying to make good food choices after a holiday full of candy (in which I ate it all). I liked this idea for a healthy snack station (via Lunchpails & Lipstick) because it appeals to my lazy side. I like the idea of clean eating, but I need to have easily grabbable options. This accomplishes both goals.
3. Want perfect swoopy layers like the Duchess of Cambridge? Here's how to do it with a round brush and dryer. (P.S. Let's stop calling her Kate Middleton in 2014, ok? She got married a while ago.)
via Camille Styles
4. I think this is the neatest idea, especially for someone with an eclectic decorating style or an older kid who needs room to display all their stuff. Junior High Haley would have covered those shelves with cheap makeup, hard candy nail polish, Sweet Valley books, and a few beanie babies.
original source unknown :(
5. This is one of those super long series of images you see on Pinterest (that Blogger won't let me post at actual size), but it's so cute it made me squawk at my desk and someone got up to see what the fuss was about. There are about 10 more where this came from.
PSA: Both of those breeds often end up with rescue groups (dachshunds are really popular but can be stubborn, and weimeraners need lots of activity), so if you want one of your own, there are hundreds in need of a home. Now someone recreate these photos!