1. I think this is so awesome. A photographer mom dresses her daughter up as inspirational women like Amelia Earhart and Coco Chanel to help her be excited about occupations besides princess.
image by Jaime Moore Photography
2. I think this table from West Elm is so pretty, but I'm wondering if the mosaic pattern could be mimicked with paint (and taped lines)? It may be worth a shot on a thrift store or Ikea table!
3. I finally made it back into a LOFT store last weekend, and am kicking myself for not buying these shorts. The inseam is 4 inches, which totally suits my style and body type, and the print is cheerful and happy without being so bright that it's hard to wear. Try them out! (P.S. I did get this dress and it is so flattering - not too short, very slimming!)
4. For the Dallas people: My sweet friend Maryam (blogger/mama/photographer behind the blog Pamplemousse1983) has opened a blowout salon called Pouf and the grand opening party is tomorrow. The aesthetic of the salon is so modern and peppy, and I highly recommend that you pay them a visit. Those ladies were able to turn my elbow length thick, straight hair into perfect beachy waves. Check them out at poufblowout.com!
image via Pamplemousse1983
5. I remember being intrigued by this book when it came out in 2009, and I was reminded of it again this week and now I can't wait to suggest it to my book club! Important Artifacts and Personal Property from the Collection of Lenore Doolan and Harold Morris, Including Books, Street Fashion, and Jewelry is a work of fiction in the form of an auction catalog. By looking at each listing, you'll learn the protagonists' love story - there are is not a traditional narrative. I think it sounds so interesting and will be a fun read!
And with that, I bid you good weekend!