Good morning! This week has been a long, cold, rainy one here in Texas and I'm still not used to working a full week (I got spoiled over the holidays) so I'm really looking forward to a couple days off. I'll be brunching with friends and doing the housework and decluttering that I've put off for weeks.
Before I do that, here are five things I deemed worth sharing on the internet:
1. Last week I shared my new year's resolutions for my life in general, but I made a few short-term ones as well, one of which is to get my closet situation under control and only wear flattering pants. My body has evolved a bit this year, and I took a good hard look at my butt in every pair of pants I owned. To my horror, some of my jeans were giving me mom butt. (Read how to recognize it from Rachel at Grasping for Objectivity).
I've since gotten rid of them, and replaced them with a dark wash pair of the Gap Always Skinny jeans. They don't hug my ankles (rarely flattering) and they're not too tight on my hips and thighs, so I encourage you to give them a try if you're short-waisted or have some curve to your frame.
2. Aren't these gorgeous photos of the Downton Abbey cast? It's strange seeing them in contemporary clothes!
3. Pinterest is officially the best and worst thing to happen to my bathroom renovation plans. Just when I think I've got my design board all made up, I see something else that I might love. This week's tangent was the idea of putting a patterned wallpaper behind some open shelves that I'm planning to install above some cabinets instead of the pair of closet doors that's already there.
4. I've had sideswept bangs for the past five years and I'm starting to want a change. However, the prospect of facing that awkward growing-them-out phase for almost a year is making me give up the idea. However, after looking at some of these options, I'm feeling a bit braver.
But then sometimes I want to go the other direction and just have full out blunt bangs. Clearly I'm not ready to make a decision!
5. I just started this book and so far it's really good.
The Angel's Game