Tis the season for predicting trends (now that we're done counting down the top 10 everythings of 2012) and I'm excited to try new things this year. After perusing my hoard of magazines, I've put together my own collection of things that I think will become even more popular in 2013.
If you already have your wardrobe basics squared away, here are some ideas for your "spend the Christmas money" shopping trip:
Clockwise from top left:
1. Blazers that Aren't Black - You'll look effortlessly put together but a little less corporate.
2. The Denim Shirt - Seriously, if you're not already in the club go get your shirt already! It goes with almost everything and you'll look like a J.Crew model rather than a farmer.
3. A Big Bold Bag - I'm still in love with cobalt, but I'm sure we'll see lots of emerald options as well.
4. Ankle Boots - More versatile than you think!
5. Emerald Green - You've seen the blog posts. It's for real.
6. Non-skinny Jeans - Flares are back, baby! (I am still enamored with my Joe's Jeans Petite Provocateur cut, by the way)
7. Big Brave Glasses - Go bold with a cat eye or thick frame that you wouldn't normally try. Anything goes.
8. Kaleidoscopic Prints - A bright print will make you stand out and dress up your staple pieces. I'm hoping to try it on a skirt.
9. Candy Stripes - Again, be brave with the color and find the sweater or blazer that makes the 6 year old in your head smile.
10. Ye Olde Fancy Statement Necklace - Like antique jewelry on steroids, guaranteed to turn your LBD into something special.
What are your 2013 predictions? Any trends you're hoping to try... or hoping that they don't take off because they're so fugly?