Good morning! Hopefully I'm not the only person to have had a busy, but enjoyable week. After 7 weeks at my new job, I finally had that "Aha!" moment where everything clicked and I (mostly) understand the marketing database and didn't need anyone's input to be productive all day long. For me, it couldn't come quick enough since I hate being the new girl! Now I'm ready for my parents to get here and spend some quality time watching baseball and eating great food.
But until then, here are 5 things I deemed worth sharing on the internet:
1. Last weekend I went to J.Crew and I fell in love... with this cardigan made of t-shirt material with shiny gold buttons. I didn't buy it, but now it's on sale and my resolve is wavering. However, the name of this blog is rooted in truth and I do NOT need another cardigan. Right?
2. One of my favorite singer-songwriters, Tristan Prettyman, has a new single out and her new album comes out September 25th. Since most people haven't heard of her beyond her almost marrying Jason Mraz, I thought I'd do you all a favor and remind you that her music is awesome.
3. This is a PSA for other bloggers: Unless you are a getting tons of traffic on your site, you probably aren't getting so many comments that automated spammer comments are an issue. However, Google has made the Captcha widget much more difficult to decipher and it's probably keeping some people from interacting with your posts. After refreshing the image/word combination four times because I could not see it despite having 20/20 vision, I gave up trying to leave a comment on a friend's post this morning and realized it's probably not a unique situation. So, consider changing your settings or double check and make sure it's as easy as possible for someone to respond to your writing. You can always change them back when you're running a giveaway.
4. Am I the only person who does wonderful thing with her hair in front of the bathroom mirror when there's nowhere to go, but is hopeless in the morning before work? I always revert to the sleek straight look or messy curling iron waves. However, this tutorial from Rose at Projectville is awesome and I'm going to try and recreate it in the daytime.
5. I keep finding myself drawn to rooms that I could potentially recreate in my own guest room for very little. Here's another one - I already have the gray walls!
And with that, I bid you good weekend!