Happy Friday-Before-The-Long-Weekend!! I hope you all have exciting plans, even if you're just excited to relax at home. I'll be hitting the road to visit family, but before I do here are five things I deemed worth sharing on the internet:
1. On Wednesday night, N and I went to see Second City Does Dallas at the new Wyly Theater downtown and it was really fun. I was expecting more improv and less rehearsed jokes about people in Dallas being rich, but it was a great night out and I saw some pretty awesome outfits. One trend that's definitely prevalent is the printed tunic dress and I was wishing I had one too. According to the folks at LOFT, this dress should be hitting stores this week and I intend to go try it on because it's everything I want in a print:
2. This week I re-watched the movie Happythankyoumoreplease (written by and starring Ted from HIMYM, aka Josh Radnor. It's good, you should watch it) and was reminded of my girl crush on Malin Ackerman. She just seems so cool, and anyone who is part of the Children's Hospital cast on Comedy Central must be awesome in real life.
3. This week I impulsively bought a Ped Egg and I must say I am amazed, but sort of grossed out. It's like a cheese grater for skin and it works well. That is something I never thought I'd type on this blog.
4. Is this wrap/chic snuggie type garment not so enticing?! At $95, I'll probably never buy one, but I would wear that all over an airplane and on my couch... and probably Target.
5. This week I made these cinnamon roll mufins and they were delicious! I started with this recipe from Laurie at Cookin Up North, but turned it into muffins with less glaze, and a strudel center made by stirring brown sugar cinnamon butter into the batter after I poured it. The coworkers were pleased.
I also made these somewhat low fat blueberry muffins using this recipe from Stacy at Playing with Sugar and they were amazing too! I always add more blueberries than a recipe calls for, and a bit more strudel too. Try them out!
Bonus 6th Thing: Here is another bedroom I love, since I seem to share one each week.
And with that, I bid you good (long) weekend!