In the meantime, here are five things worth sharing on the internet:
1. I am in love with this painting from 1875 called The Falling Rocket by James Abbott McNeill Whistler. I'll be ordering a large print for our living room since I'm switching some things up this month.
2. I've always thought that country/traditional houses weren't my style, but I love this one. I think that semi-modern decor wouldn't be out of place, and the metal roof would be so soothing when it rains. Sigh...
source unknown - please let me know if it's yours
3. I made these pink/white circus animal cookie truffles for a baby shower at my office and so far they are a HIT! They take a bit of time to prepare, but it's not difficult and definitely a flashback to the days when a baggie of these babies in your lunchbox was the best thing ever. Check out the step by step recipe from Cookin Cowgirl!
image via Cookin Cowgirl
4. How awesome are these suede peep-toe wedges from Sole Society? They're only $59, and they come in pink and navy too! Has anyone bought shoes from this site before? With free shipping both ways, I may give them a shot. (If you don't mind, join through this link)
5. My living room is fairly narrow and long, and the furniture arrangement in place works well for us but doesn't leave room for a large - or even medium - coffee table. The small options I've found aren't calling my name, but this week I'm loving the idea of a mid-century ottoman that I can pair with one of my many trays. Sadly, the amazing option below (Dune ottoman by Weiman) will never be mine (it's a mere $1,295!) but I'm hoping to find a similar vintage option!
And with that, I bid you good weekend!